Monday, March 20, 2006

Freedom?

What is 'freedom'? Of course, for everybody this is different. Freedom has always been important to me:
was this when I was single?
was this when I was a kid?
was this yesterday?
will this be tomorrow?
was this when I was in Egypt's desert in the middle of nowhere?
is this whenever I am (scuba) diving?
is this when I am driving my car (1976 Citroën Dyane)?
... I could/can never describe it... However, when listening to an old song from Janis Joplin a few weeks ago, she sang: "Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose" (Janis Joplin in ‘me and Bobby McGee’ (1971)). That is an interesting way of saying it!

1 Comments:

Blogger jaspervandijk said...

Yep, What is freedom these days. Eventhough you live in a 'perfect' world there are all the rules you don't want (or can) live with.

Sometimes its just a word, a word that can explain you mood, your vision or just simply tells you that your life is not forced. Being able to be who you are, what you stand for and even more able to express it!

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home