Monday, June 12, 2006

Soccer World Championship & the beach !?

Yesterday, my girlfriend and I went to the beach in Dishoek (Zeeland), since, it was forecasted to become the sunniest day of this year so far. And the best place to go to when it is more than 27 degrees in The ‘humid’ Netherlands is: the beach or somewhere else where there is cold water and/or wind. Of course, yesterday, there was a problem because The Netherlands was playing their first soccer match in the FIFA World Cup (Soccer World Championship) against Serbia and Montenegro at 1500 hrs. And I wanted to see that! Saturday, I already found out that one of the Beach Pavilons (http://www.kon-tikibeach.nl/) that we sometimes visit was planning to show the match on TV. Hence, we went to the beach, spent a few hours in the burning sun (of course that was more than enough for me, especially without sun cream). Just before the match started we went to the pavilion and had lunch. Just after the kick-off my girlfriend went back to the beach and I stayed in the pavilion. So far so good. We scored a goal. And in the break between first and second half, I quickly went to the beach again to say Hi to my girlfriend. This is where I found out that, at that time, the beach was filled with women only! Of course also some children and dogs. Really bizarre and nice at the same time to enter a beach with only women! (And some of them topless….)

2 Comments:

Blogger jaspervandijk said...

That beach feeling is in someway the same as I had in Quito... Here the streets where empty (not even a taxi to see) and the only cops I could see on the street where women?!

To bad though the where not topless ;)

It was the first time I saw nice women cops in Quito.

5:13 PM  
Blogger jaspervandijk said...

That beach feeling is in someway the same as I had in Quito... Here the streets where empty (not even a taxi to see) and the only cops I could see on the street where women?!

To bad though the where not topless ;)

It was the first time I saw nice women cops in Quito.

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home